Terms and Conditions of website usage for www.visitmedway.org
Acceptance of terms
You agree that you shall not use the ebsite for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
Medway Council reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Medway Council has complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
Limitation of liability
Medway Council will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the website.
Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of Medway Council, its employees or agents.
All intellectual property of Medway Council such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the website remains the property of Medway Council.
By using the website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Medway Council and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the website.
The information is provided on the understanding that the website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision.
The information contained with the website is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the website.
We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the www.visitmedway.org website and cannot provide any representation that using the website will be error free.
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Data protection policy
We limit the collection and use of your information. We only collect such information as is required to deliver the high standards of service, to inform you about the products and services we offer, and to administer our business.
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We cannot however guarantee the security of any information you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
We will not reveal any of your information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed you that this will happen through disclosures or agreement, and we have your authority to do so. We can also disclose your information to authorised parties if we are required to by law. You agree that we may disclose any information requested or required relating to you, or if relevant, any of your clients to any regulatory authority to which we are subject or to any person in power to require such information by or under any legal enactment or where a third party has provided to our reasonable satisfaction written confirmation that it genuinely and reasonably believes your use of the site has been defamatory or otherwise unlawful and further that the disclosure of your data is necessary a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of your information. If you have consented, by registering on the website, we may periodically send you information relating to Medway Council and other carefully selected third parties. If at any point you want to change your preferences or need to review and update your personal details you should write to us. You can de-register from the site by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
You have a right of access under the Data Protection Act to information we hold about you on our records. The Act allows us to charge a fee for this service.
Systems personnel who operate and support electronic communications facilities need, from time to time, to monitor transmissions or observe transactional information to ensure proper functioning of the company's facilities and services. On these and other occasions, such personnel might inadvertently become aware of the contents of electronic communications. Except as provided for under Lawful Business Practice Regulations, personnel are not permitted to intentionally examine the contents of transactional information or disclose or otherwise use what they have seen, heard or read. If, however, violations of law or Company policy are discovered, personnel are required to report these to the appropriate officer.
Website content - contribution and consumption
Events listings can only be supplied by external organisations if they are a member of the Medway Tourism Association and/or the activity is taking place at an Medway Tourism Association members' venue.
Visitors to this site choosing to view listings advertised within the site agree with and accept the following:
Medway Council does not endorse, takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for the actions of individual event organisers, advertisers or proprietors or other persons listed as part of this advertising or in respect of the services or products offered by any such persons, and makes no representations in relation to any such service or product (including but not limited to its lawfulness).
The posting of listings on the website does not constitute an endorsement by Medway Council of the listings. Medway Council reserves the right to refuse to post any listing at any time. In addition, Medway Council may suspend or discontinue some or all of this public service at any time.
Medway Council gives no warranty or assurance, and makes no representation, as to the accuracy or completeness or lawfulness of the material and information contained in the listing representing events or the services or products offered or that any of the services or products offered are suitable for your intended use.
Medway Council shall not be liable for any losses or damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from any use of or reliance upon any information contained in the listings.
Any person interested in any of the services or products referred to in this document should make their own independent enquiries and rely upon their own independent advice before making any decision that has or may have legal or financial consequences. Users of the listings on the website are fully responsible for checking for themselves the accuracy, completeness, currency and suitability of the individual listing.
Submission of listings:
In submitting a listing through the website (event/attraction/offer), you acknowledge and agree to the following:
· Material will only appear on the website at the sole discretion of the Council. Listings deemed unfit for publication will not be published. Medway Council reserves the right not to publish listings without explanation. Medway Council will not publish listings that are in direct competition with listings organised by Medway Council
· As a guideline, listings fit for publication will be published within 48 working hours. Medway Council reserves the right to publish listings outside of this time scale or to not publish at all if resources are unavailable
· Any material submitted to the website may be published by Medway Council in any medium and for any purpose
· You must ensure that the material is not: (a) obscene; (b) defamatory; (c) inflammatory or liable to incite other people to intolerance or to commit offences; (d) a reference to a listing that is outside the Medway area; or (e) is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate for inclusion on the website
· You must ensure that you have the authority to provide the material submitted to the website, including permission to supply any names and contact details
· Medway Council takes no responsibility for any errors in the material provided and does not check the material for its accuracy
· Medway Council makes every reasonable effort to publish material in the same form as it is provided to the Council but takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, changes or misunderstandings resulting from the publishing of the material
· The material you submit may be reproduced by others and you authorise this reproduction
· Medway Council offers no warranty that material will be published at a particular time or in time to advertise any particular listing
· Medway Council offers no warranty that the website will be available at any time or that all areas of the website will be available at any time or that material will be able to be submitted at any time
· The Council reserves the right to delete any listing at any time without prior warning or notification to listing publisher
· Once you submit a listing, you own the listing and you are wholly responsible for checking its accuracy, completeness, currency and suitability. If the listing changes you are solely responsible for updating the listing on the website and notifying your audiences.
For any questions regarding listing submissions please contact email@example.com. To make corrections to a current listing that you have uploaded, please log in. If you have forgotten your password please request a new one via the link of the log in page.